Protect what you value most!

News and Press

Jan 08, 2013

Care Home, Dorset

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service and sprinkler engineers attended a care home today to respond to an activation.

The care home was Castleman House in Blandford and the fire started from an alcohol wipe which had fallen onto a lamp and caught fire. The fire then spread to a bed in the same room.

The lady occupant left the room and pressed the break glass and shut the door. The sprinkler activated and put out the fire. There was no damage outside of the room but some minor water damage to the room below.

As the sprinkler engineer was approaching site the fire crew and police were leaving and they all gave him the thumbs up. The system was been re-commissioned and made operational within 4 hours.